We can represent you in the Board or help you grow your knowledge about being a Landlord

Tackling a Landlord or Tenant problem can be frustrating if you do not know where to begin.

The Landlord and Tenant Board assists with landlord and tenant matters.  The legislation that is used to assist is the Residential Tenancies Act, 2006.

Renting a property can be very stressful, let alone having tenants who cause more stress by either disturbing other tenants, causing damage, or most commonly, do not pay their rent!

The Landlord and Tenant Board can provide Landlords assistance with all of these problems. Each problem has a corresponding Notice which can be found on their website.  Once the Notice is given properly to the tenant, the Landlord can then apply to the Board for whatever they are seeking; from an Order for rent arrears to eviction. These Orders are enforceable.

For example, if a tenant has not paid rent, the Landlord should serve the Tenant with a N4 notice. If after 14 days the Tenant has not paid, the Landlord can file a L1 form to request a hearing to obtain an order for arrears or if need be, eviction.

These procedures are in place to help Landlords enforce their rights. Often deciding what form should be served on the Tenant can be confusing, let us help you!

When renting a unit, it is important to have a basic understanding of the how’s and when’s of renting. This will make it easier to also maneuver through the Landlord and Tenant Board. Visit our E-Learning page to get a start on this. If you are already have a issues you need help with, we are ready to assist. We can represent in the Landlord and Tenant Board on your behalf or start with a consultation to decide on a strategy.

Visit our E-Learning page to discover the easiest way to expand your knowledge and become more efficient.

Need Help With Legal Advice?

Be sure to reach out to us for some help.